The olive leaf is consumed as a herbal tea and as a powder. It is super effective and healing due to its bioactive compounds that contain antioxidants, hypocholesterolemic antihypertensive, , anti-inflammatory, antiatherogenic and hypoglycemic properties. Quite the mouthfull ! All you need to know is that it is miraculous and powerful as a healing agent, killing infections and bacteria. More importantly it improves brain functioning.
Olive oil (not all olive oil due to the process of it) and olive leaf, have been around for centuries for healing. The Mediterranean diet is known for being one of the healthier diets, because of the foods that contain strong bacterial fighting agents.
Some reports even show that up to 70 percent of the extra virgin olive oil sold worldwide is watered down with other oils and enhancers.
** The best oil is EXTRA VIGRIN OLIVE OIL, COLD PRESSED**
** It is one of the best HIGH ANTIOXIDANT FOODS**
** It is a healthy fat which controls excess insulin (read about the thyroid in my previous posts, insulin is a hormone that controls blood sugar levels)**
** The brain is made of healthy fatty acids which helps the brain function**
** High in fat which is great, because low fat diets increases depression and anxiety**
Proven Olive Leaf Benefits
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Because of the antioxidant, it fights cancer
- Improves Cardiovascular Health
- Prevents/Treats Diabetes
- Reduces the Risk of Cancer
- Improves Brain Function
- Treats Arthritis
- Kills Bacteria and Fungi
- Improves Immune System
- Protects Skin (Skin Health) BYE ACNE !!!
- More energy
- Toothache relief
- TAKES AWAY food cravings
- Joint pain relief
- BRAIN FOOD (improves focus and memory) Great for dementia !
- Heartbeat regulation
- Fights Mood Disorders and Depression
- Treats Insomnia
- Balance hormones
- Prevent/Treat Diabetes
- Improved wound healing
- REDUCES INFLAMMATION TREMENDOUSLY
- Fights Oxidative Stress
- Anti-Ageing and Bacteria Fighting properties
- Virgin Olive oil contains high monounsaturated fat, which lowers cholesterol.
Consumption Tips and Usage:
Consume 2 Tablespoons a day of Extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed ! And use it on your salads.
Buy the olive leaf extract and consume it in water.
Drizzling on salads and foods, don’t cook with it.
Right oil to buy:
Make sure the label as International Olive Oil Council (IOC), which certifies the type of oil used.
Make sure the olive oil comes in a dark glass bottle, because it protects the light from entering and damaging the fatty acids.
Better quality is more expensive, you will receive the benefits. The cheaper is not real and is filled with other chemicals !
Ideally must be Cold Pressed or Expeller Pressed and it must be EXTRA VIRGIN !
Warning: TOO MUCH can cause dizziness for people with low blood pressure, because it can lower it even further.
Also it can upset the stomach if too strong, example too much of the tea, so rather dilute it with coconut oil and have snack before consumption.
Recipe: 5min recipe for 2 people !
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 5 cups mixed lettuces
- 2 pears, thinly sliced vertically
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw goat cheese
- Put vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a jar with a lid, and shake well.
- Gently toss lettuce with sliced pears in a large salad bowl (optional: grill pear slices briefly). Add enough dressing to just coat. Top with dried cranberries and goat cheese.
(Referenced from DRE AXE)